Straighten your teeth without braces at Mountain View Advanced Dental
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a series of custom-made, clear, plastic aligners that gently align the crooked teeth. This procedure allows many patients to achieve a straighter and healthier smile without having to wear braces. Invisalign can treat the following conditions:
- Crooked and protruding teeth
- Overbite, underbite, open bite and cross bite
- Widely gapped teeth
- Overly crowded teeth
How Invisalign works?
The aligners are engineered to use small amounts of force in vertical and horizontal direction. The trays are custom-made to fit snugly over your teeth. They gradually and gently position the misaligned teeth in the right place. You need to switch to a tighter aligner every two weeks.
These aligners need to be worn for majority of the day. This is due to loosening of the tray as the teeth move little by little every week. The length of treatment depends on the severity of the case but on an average, it takes about 12 months for adults.
Invisalign vs Traditional Braces:
- Invisalign is virtually Invisalign without any metal brackets or wires.
- Smooth and comfortable as compared to wires of braces that can irritate cheeks and gums.
- Can be removed for cleaning and eating and requires very less effort for brushing and flossing.
- No food restrictions and zero worries about the food getting stuck in the wires and brackets.
- Causes minimal interference in your life
If you are looking to straighten your teeth with Invisalign, visit Mountain View Advanced Dental or call our dental clinic at (650) 988-9458.