Comfortable and Convenient Dental Implant Treatment
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are surgical components that lay a strong foundation for the fixed or removable replacement teeth. Dental implants are the most effective and popular way to replace missing teeth. It is an excellent long-term option for restoring your smile.
who can benefit from a dental implant?
A dental implant is an ideal treatment for people with following dental problems:
- Missing a tooth or more for a long time
- Wearing loose dentures
- Early aging due to sagging facial tissues
Dental Implant Procedure:
Dental implant is generally done in following three phases:
During the first phase, the implant is surgically placed into the jawbone under local anesthesia. This is left to heal and the patient is recommended to have a diet of soft foods, cold foods, and warm soup during the healing process.
In the next phase, the bone tissue fuses with the titanium post in a process called as osseointegration. It may sometimes require several months of healing for complete integration of the implant before replacement teeth can be attached to it. An abutment is fixed to the implant.
Finally, artificial tooth/teeth are placed over the abutment and the patient is ready to show his beautiful smile to the world.
Advantages of Dental Implants:
A dental implant is an advanced restoration procedure that has immensely improved the quality of life of various people:
- Implants act and feel just like your natural teeth.
- They stimulate and stabilize the jawbone so it doesn't deteriorate.
- Stimulate bone growth and prevent bone loss.
- Allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Allow you to eat any food with confidence and without pain.
- Implants fuse with bone and are biocompatible.
- Eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Improve long-term oral health.
- Maintain the natural shape of your face and smile.
- Dental implants can possibly last a lifetime.
To restore your smile with Dental Implants call us at (650) 988-9458 or visit Mountain View Advanced Dental in Mountain View, CA.